Friday, May 4, 2012

Sugar Glider


Have you ever heard of a sugar glider before?  Did you know it was one of these?


Today I took my art class to the park to do a value drawing. It was wonderful. I love drawing at the park! Anyway, as I was walking around checking on all of my students one of the girls said, "It's a little cold outside," and then the boy next to her said, "yeah my sugar glider is cold." Sugar Glider? I quickly sorted through the high school slang that I have picked up over the last 5 years to help me out, you know things like sick, ight, bad, etc. A sugar glider, yeah, I had no idea. After swearing not to tell the  principal, my student pulled a black sock out of his pocket, rolled the cuff down, and out poked a cute little flying squirrel. He went on to tell me that they are all the rage. According to this website, they are nicknamed pocket pets. For only $100 you can have one of your very own ;) Wow, if focusing in school wasn't hard enough lets just add a flying squirrel.

I'm going to work on bringing the tomagotchi pets back. They were pretty cool right? ;) Remember those?

1 comment:

Adrian said...

How random and funny! I suppose they are cooler than a hamster. They can "fly" after all :)