Thursday, April 5, 2012

Gardening with Dallin

This week is my spring break. It has been wonderful! My mom had to work today, which meant that I got to spend the day with this kid. Man I love him!

We decided to plant part of my garden. I planted beans, peas, onions and lettuce. Dallin planted sticks, rocks, and bark. Dont worry he even used Miracle Grow. Given my lack of success with a garden last year, I'm a little nervous that Dallin's garden will put mine to shame. ;)





















Lesson Learned:



There is happiness is simplicity. Any of you who know Dallin know that the small things make him happy. You make the kid a cheese sandwich and he gives you a hug while saying "thank you, this makes me SOOO happy." As Dallin and I were driving in my car today singing along at the top of our lungs to Sieze the Day from the movie Newsies, I thought to myself "this is what happiness is."


I love this quote by Joseph Smith, "Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if will pursue the path that leads to it; and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God."


Happiness comes from the simplicity of obedience. We are meant to be happy! I'm so glad Dallin is here to remind me.



1 comment:

Mickelle said...

Stephanie Johnson- I think you're the happiest person I know. It's true