Saturday, August 25, 2012

Hallmark Movies Should Have a Warning Lable

                                                                                                      
Confession, I LOVE Hallmark movies. The picture above is one of my favorites. I love the simplicity, the innocence, the happy endings and the cheese (the cheesier the better). A few months ago the Hallmark channel stopped working at my house and you better believe that I called the direct TV repair man that day. Today as I was folding my laundry I turned on the Hallmark channel to a movie that went a little like this. A good looking widower and his daughter live in a small town. A beautiful woman moves into the town and the daughter plots to get the woman and her dad together. I know, I know, it sounds sappy, but it was pretty much the best thing ever. The problem is that Hallmark movies are, well, how do I say this....not real! Maybe these stories are real for some people, but definitely not for me.  Let me explain. Today at the grocery store I was looking for fajita mix.  I was standing next to a man with three boys looking for something on the same shelf. We made short conversation about not being able to find the fajita mix and how it was a coincidence that we were looking for the same thing. I eventually found it, handed him one and left the isle. As I walked around the store these were my thoughts (don’t judge). He was a good looking guy, I bet he is a widower, how sweet of him to take his boys grocery shopping with him, I bet those boys could really use a mom, maybe I could be thier mom. As embarrassed as I am to admit this, I walked around the store trying to track this guy down and prove my theory. I saw him at the checkout stand, checked out his left hand and then reality hit....HE WAS MARRIED! Of course he was, life is NOT a Hallmark movie. This my friends is exactly why I am going to send a letter to the Hallmark channel and demand that they put a warning label on every Hallmark movie.


Well, maybe I won’t, but I'm definitely going to take a break from the Hallmark channel. I'll just stick with reality TV. That stuff is for real right?

4 comments:

Katherine said...

You crack me up, I would have done the same exact thing. I love Hallmark too something about how mushy and happy they are makes me happy. :o) I think you should come back to Washington so we can watch some more! :o)

Adrian said...

hahaha! I love it! I also love cheesy movies (as you well know). We should probably get together and watch Anne or Love comes Softly sometime soon :)

Mickelle said...

I love this! I miss you Stephanie Ann Johnson and this is one of many reasons.

Rebecca Smith said...

I love your posts! You always make me smile! I agree those hallmark movies make it too hard on reality to live up to. If you send your letter put my name on it too!