Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bad date stories to tell my kids one day

Good times #1

My good friend set me up a few months ago with one of his friends. After an awkward dinner he invited me to play games at his house. While driving to his house he explained to me that he is a night security guard, so he would need to change into his uniform because he was going straight to work after dropping me off at the end of the date. He then said, "Although I'm sure you wont mind because girls like a guy in uniform ;)" GAG ME. We got to his house where he gave me a complete tour of his house including his alphabetized dvd collection and food storage. My favorite part was the excessive amount of vinal lettering all over the house. When I asked about it, he told me that his former girlfriend had taught him how to do it. Odd? Maybe it's just me. After playing games, he changed into his "uniform" and said "don't worry I'm not wearing my gun belt, I didn't want to scare you." I smiled and secretly rolled my eyes.

Good times #2

I happened to sit next to this guy in sacrament meeting one Sunday. The next Sunday he walked up as I was talking to a friend and gave me a note. The note had his name and number and said "maybe we can get together sometime." I decided what the heck and sent him a text. He ended up asking me out for the next Friday. He picked me up, and between my house and the restaurant he told me his entire life story. It went a little like this. "So, I went on a mission, but came home to Flordia early because I was sick. While living at home I got in a really bad car accident where the person in the other car died. I decided to go to school at BYU but because I was so depressed about the accident I gained 300 pounds, stopped going to school and became inactive. I moved back to Flordia, had gastric bipass surgery and lost the weight. Loosing the weight gave me more confidence so I started sleeping around with girls. But don't worry I'm active in the church now." I pretty much wanted to open the door and jump out. The icing on the cake came while we were at dinner. I mentioned that I had five younger brothers who happened to be taller than me. He looked at me for a second and then said, "wow they must be tall because you're a big girl." I was drinking water when he said that and started choking. He then said, "Oh, sorry was that offensive?" HELLO! The rest of the date was thankfully uneventful, and I wasn't sad to see it end.

4 comments:

Bri & Em said...

Oh Steph, your stories are always so classic! Just thinking about your stories makes me laugh uncontrollably! Don't get discouraged, there really are normal people out there, I guess you just have to sift through the wierdos to find them! I'm glad you have such a good sense of humor!

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you are recording these stories! They are SO FUNNY! Thanks for brightening my day.

I promise - you'll find someone that is normal - and you are totally normal to RUN from these crazies!

Becky Smith said...

Oh my goodness Stephen and I could not stop laughing at your bad date stories! I think it is a tie between the one guy who was married but is still a virgin and the other guy who used to sleep around just because he lost weight! I am so sorry but I am so glad you have such a great sense of humor and can share these great stories with us! Don't worry your good, sane, and normal guy is out there somewhere!

Trina said...

Oh good golly that was fun to read! Thanks for sharing :) Sounds like you've had your fill of "interesting" men, wish I had more single cousins lol. Hope everything is awesome!