Monday, June 22, 2009

Greece and Turkey

My cute friend Rebecca and I decided to go on a two week tour of Greece and Turkey. It was AMAZING. Pictures definitely don't do what I saw justice, but here are just a few of the hundreds that I took.



The Parthenon.







The spice market and the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul were my favorite part of the whole trip. It was a shoppers paradise!!!




This is Hagia Sophia in Turkey. Inside is even prettier than the outside.



The island of Mykonos. Another one of my favorites.








Here is the story behind the three pictures above. We went to the house that Mary, the mother of Jesus, spent the last few years of her life (so they say...). Anyway, it is tradition for people to write down wishes and prayers on small pieces of paper and then put them on the wall asking Mary for help. I of course asked Mary for a husband. A little sacreligious I know, but thought it was hilarious. I can use all the help I can get ;)








The last place that we visited was Santorini. All of the buildings were blue and white. It was BEAUTIFUL. Better than I had imagined from seeing pictures in a book or in the movies.
The whole trip was an adventure. The perfect way to spend my 25th birthday.






4 comments:

Rachel said...

It looks beautiful! You'll have to tell Rebecca hi for me. Happy Birthday! My bishop is from Turkey - so lately Paul and I have really wanted to go. So I loved seeing your pictures.

Wendy L said...

And there was one (me) who was envious. LOVED IT STEPH!!!!

Trina said...

What a trip! I bet you guys had the time of your lives! Thanks for sharing

liz said...

Hey! I just found your blog off of FB. So now I am going to stock it...hope that is ok!

Looks like you two had a lot of fun. I haven't seen Becca for ever! We need a 9th ward reunion with a bunch of us girls!

Take care!