Sunday, February 1, 2009

So one last thought.



Wow, I don't post in five months and now, I can't stop. I keep thinking that I'm done and then I have another thought. Here it goes....I LOVE MY JOB. I feel like this picture shows exactly how much I love it. I love going to work every day, and I always come home with crazy stories. Here's one of my favorite.
Last week I ran into one of my students in the hall. He stopped me and told me that he had something great to tell me. This is the conversation.
Juan: Ms. Johnson, you should probably know that I posted you on my Myspace page as one of my hero's
Me: Really? Wow thanks.
Juan: Yah, I wrote that you were the best F'n math teacher ever.
Me: Uh.. Juan did you use F'n or did you write down the whole word?
Juan: I used the whole thing! (This was said with a big smile, proud of his quality use of the F word)
Me: Uh.. Thanks Juan that was really nice. (I wasn't sure if I should be offended or complimented. I think it was a complimented...Yah pretty sure it was a compliment)
This my friends is why I LOVE MY job. Where else could the F word be a compliment.




4 comments:

Trina said...

I love that picture of you! It's great and your Halloween costume is classic! It was great seeing you last month, we'll have to do that more often.

Jamie and Michael said...

Steph! You are great! I love that picture! How's life anyway? We need to catch up sometime.

Wendy said...

YOU ROCK STEPH. I LOVE YOUR HALLOWEEN COSTUMES. I hope all is well up there in Layton

Jessie said...

Hey Steph! I just found your blog through Grant's blog! You are so adorable. I'm so glad you have a blog so I can keep up with you! I love that story... that's so funny about your student and the Halloween costume is hilarious! Love ya steph!!